• Congratulations to…
▪ South Lane Fire & Rescue New Hires: Alex Wales & Danny Alton and to Dylan Fitzgerald & Tim Heuser on their recent promotions.
▪ Homeless Count Volunteers for spending a morning gathering data required for state and federal funding of assistance programs to aid the un-housed.
▪ Beds for Freezing Nights Volunteers for providing a safe, warm place last week for those who wanted to be inside on those sub-freezing nights.
• Bohemia Mining Days Oral History Project Call for Personal Stories. To celebrate BMD’s 60th Diamond Jubilee this year, several videotaped sessions are planned. Memories and Memorabilia (loaned or donated) are requested. The info will become a documentary on the festival. To schedule an interview time call Cindy at 541-942-5064.
• Friends of the Cottage Grove Carousel is nearing completion of the vintage carousel donated to the people of Cottage Grove. For more info on how you can help visit www.cgcarousel.com or call Don at 541-9424752.
• Soup’s On Weekly Community Meal Project has immediate need for a volunteer to conduct fundraising & community outreach. Other volunteers are needed to help prepare and serve the Sunday evening free meal. For more info call Soup’s On Kitchen Manager Karen Burrece at 541-501-3647 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Beds for Freezing Nights needs volunteers & financial support. This nonprofit all-volunteer organization provides City-certified emergency warming centers each winter from Nov 15 to Mar 31 that allows individuals & families to come in from the cold on subfreezing nights. Help needed immediately! More info at www.freezingnights.com.
• Translated Movie now on DVD. If you missed seeing it at the Valley River Cinema, you can purchase it for $14.99 using this website: https://pathway.media/buy-translated-cindy/ Translated depicts Apostle Paul supernaturally transported to present day Oregon. Grover Jerry E. Thompson used local actors & places. For info call 541.915.0113.
• Eastern Europe Tour, June 29-July 9, 2020: Hosted by Trinity Lutheran Pastor Jim Markus & his wife Elizabeth, the 11-day tour features breathtaking scenery, ancient castles, Old World cities and the renowned Passion Play of Oberammergau, Germany (only performed every 10 years.) For more info call Pastor Jim at 541-942-2373.
• Office Space Available in the South Lane Wheels building starting March 1. A 68-square foot private space access to a break and waiting area, bathrooms, meeting space, & parking at reasonable price. Lease includes power & water. For more info call Ruth at 541-942-0456.
• CG Chamber Nonprofit Board Leadership Training, Wed, Mar 6, 8-10:30 am, Community Center, 700 E. Gibbs Ave. Speaker Alison Hart leads this “Pillars of Effective Leadership” workshop. Cost: Free to Chamber members & $20 for non-Chamber members if registered by Feb 22. After 2/22, Members pay $5 & Non-members pay $25. RSVP to Beth at 541-942-2411 or email@example.com
• Tucker’s Cupboard is a new nonprofit organization that provides some financial assistance to K-9 owners living in the South Lane School District who struggle to adequately care for the dogs. For more info call Lynn at 541-942-9211.