• Congratulations to…
▪ Yard of the Week Winner: 143 Village Drive Submit nominations of a single family residence inside the city limits To the Chamber of Commerce (541-942-2411) or City Hall (541-942-5501). In addition to the honor of the Yard of the Week sign in front of their house, winners receive a one-month credit on their water bill from the City, a gift certificate to local businesses from the Chamber and a one-year subscription from the CG Sentinel. See pics at www.cottagegrove.org
▪ Cottage Grove’s Living Mayors: Hal McCall (1965-66), Bill Whiteman (1978-84), Jim Gilroy (1985-93), Darrel Williams (1997-2000), Gary Williams (2000-2012), Tom Munroe (2013-17) & Jeff Gowing (2018- ) for championing the resurrection of BMD Community Spirit Week among local businesses for Bohemia Mining Days Festival’s 60th Anniversary this year. Thanks to Pastor Cindy Slaymaker for volunteering to organize the competition for them. The Mayors plan to appear on the Main Stage on Saturday at 6 pm for a historic photo opportunity and to present the award for BMD Spirit Week’s Best Display and Best Costume.
• BMD Discount All-Day Carnival Ride Bracelets now on sale only at CG Bi-Mart $22/ea ($30 on site) Limited supply and selling fast so buy early! Thursday Buddy Day (buy one bracelet get one free) great savings for families!
• BMD Covered Bridge Tours, Saturday, July 20, Tour #1: Noon-2; Tour #2: 2-4 pm Enjoy a guided two-hour tour of all six bridges in the Covered Bridge Capital of The West. Seating limited. Great activity for out-of-town guests. Tickets $10/person at The Bookmine, 702 E. Main St. thru July 17th (A third tour from 4-6 pm is available if needed.)
• BMD Ugly Dog Contest Registration: To celebrate the festival’s 60th Year there will be 4 dog competitions on Sat, July 20, at 4 pm in “Bohemia City” in Coiner Park. Ugliest Dog, Best Tricks, Best Owner/Dog Look-alike & Best Costume. Early-bird Fee: $10, After July 17, $15. Download registration form on BMD website or call Linda at 541-913-9586.
• BMD Community Spirit Week, July 15-19: It’s not too late for business owners to participate this week. To sign up call Cindy Slaymaker at 541-510-9804. All 7 living CG Mayors are championing this contest among local businesses to compete for “Best Display” and “Best Costumes”. Judging will be on Friday (7/19) & awards presented to the winners by the Mayors on Saturday (7/20) at 6 pm.
• BMD call for community volunteers to assist with a wide variety of activities. Download volunteer application from Join In menu of festival website: www.BohemiaMiningDays.org . For more info text BMD Volunteer Coordinator Sylvia Kitterman at 541-515-0633. (Especially need “readers” to sit and monitor no parking area near the park.)
• Tri in the Grove Call for Volunteers: Best in the West Events is looking for volunteers to help with the Rolf Prima Tri at the Grove Triathlon on Saturday July 27. Fundraising money is available to non-profit groups with multiple volunteers. Every volunteer gets a t-shirt, lunch, and post-race drinks. For more info: email@example.com